Saturday, September 02, 2006

Intrepid Idiot and the Samurai




Guess I'll start with the road trip, since the adventure began only five hours out of Chicago. Yes, the Dodge died, leaving a pool of engine oil all over 55 South, side by side with my trail of tears. Yes, Diana and most everyone else who knew I wanted to take the Dodge were correct (for the record). I quickly signed away that disfunctional relationship and moved on to a rental, not losing a day of travel. I spent the night in Memphis and headed toward Louisiana. Luckily, we had parked our Honda at my mom's house, so I turned in the rental and transferred cargo again. The samurai came to the rescue and I was on my way. Day three was spent traveling from Louisiana to the border with Mexico. Unfortunately, it was also spent trying to pay off our Honda so I would be allowed to bring it across the border. The pics aren't in order, but you get the idea.

No comments: